|The Bacon & Blue Cheese OHM'GODDA FRITTATA|
This week, I found bacon (yes Bohdi bacon, sit down) and bleu cheese (yes bleu cheese, sit!) in my fridge along with some eggs and an onion. OOH, I thought... Frittata!
Ingredients (for a 6" CI pan*):
(1) small onion
(4-5) eggs, size dependent, beaten
(4-6) slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
(2) oz bleu cheese* crumbled (I used Maytag Bleu - YUM)
(1) medium russet potato, diced
(1) Tbsp butter
(1) Tbsp olive oil
Instructions (this is 30 min all-in, so stick with me):
- Preheat the oven to 350F & melt the butter w/ the oil in the CI pan on the range
- Dice the potato and simmer over med/med-low heat in the CI pan
- Dice the onion to your liking (I like thin slices ~1/2" long)
- Add the onion to the cooking potatoes (stir to prevent sticking)
- When the potatoes & onions are cooked soft add the bacon, stir to heat thru
- About now you should hear "OMG WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?!" fr the bedroom
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the egg mixture (smile to yourself)
- Stir well with a wooden spoon (freeing any goodness stuck to the bottom)
- Return to the range top over med-low heat and cook 3-6 minutes
- Using a spatula separate it fr the sides helping it to cook, and preventing stick
- Add the bleu cheese on top and place it in the oven.
- Bake 10-15 min til cooked through (watch, ovens differ, don't burn the bottom.)
Serve with amazing coffee of your choice and when she looks up from her plate with an "OMG look" in her eyes... THAT is when you suggest... ... ...
Happy Weekend my friends and remember - to know good food IS to be close to God.
- for an 8" CI skillet plan on 7-8 eggs, a large potato, and a medium onion. Increase cheese and bacon as you like.
- for a cheesier frittata, try adding 1/4c shredded white cheddar and/or more bleu cheese and mixing it in with the egg (I went easy on the cheese today.)