Sunday, December 1, 2013

Nothing French About this Toast!

Beach Breakfast Blues
There's not much "French" about this breakfast, except the roast on the coffee beans!  Just a quickie to try to get back into the blog, this cold grey Sunday at the beach following Thanksgiving.

Here a few slices of Coppacola heated, and served alongside a scrambled egg accompany the main attraction: Italian bread "toast" that's been sautéed in extra virgin olive oil and topped with crumbled ricotta salata.  Let us not forget the romano that permeates it all.  These are not your mother's left-overs… well OK, so if your name is Jason or Justin they are!

I've been eating better for longer than any one person should probably be allowed, I realize that now (and I didn't start until I was 15 or so… makin' up for lost time, I am!)

To know'a good food is'a to be close'a to God, ah?  Si.

No comments:

Post a Comment