So, I made this with Pepperidge Farms thin sliced Oatmeal bread, but whatever you like will do. I'm a bread-a-holic truth be told, and I usually like the bread to be well-represented in my sandwiches. But here, I liked the way the mild tastiness of the Oatmeal bread and it's thin slices really took a backseat to the salty prosciutto and parmigiano, and also the smooth flavors of the avocado and mozzarella. To do this, is simple:
- Slice the avocado to as thick as you want it, I like ~ 1/4" thick.
- Fry the egg(s) near your liking in a little olive oil.
- Cook them almost, not all the way, and flip earlier than you usually would too.
- Top the egg(s) with the mozzarella and parmigiano, in the pan.
- Immediately the egg & cheese to a plate, add salt & pepper, and cover with a lid.
- The egg will continue to cook slowly, and the cheese will melt under the lid.
- You better have the coffee on by now, I'm assuming I don't have to tell you that part?
- Prepare the sandwich by now adding a little butter to the pan, and your bread.
- Place the prosciutto and avocado on top of the bread and adjust heat as necessary.
- Lift the lid on the egg(s) - oh, would you just LOOK at that, yum!!
- Place the egg on the bread, and top with another slice.
- Proceed like grilled cheese, flipping when your bottom slice of bread is golden,
- DON'T press down - you have golden yokie goodness to look forward to!
- Flip gently and brown the other side, adding a pat of butter if needed,
- M'adonne that smells amazing by now, huh ?!
- When it's done - give it a light press with your spatula and pop the yolk(s)...
- NOW QUICK - get it out of the pan, and onto the plate, and slice it open.
Mangia bêne, and always remember - to know good food is to be close to God!